For the purpose of the DPA, the data controller is Shire Insurance Services Ltd. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Keith Dickinson.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We have implemented appropriate procedures to protect your privacy and confidentiality so that none of your personal information will be disclosed to anyone other than in exceptional circumstances, as permitted by law or as set out below.
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time and any changes we may make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page and not by individual written communication. Such changes will be effective from the time of posting and we therefore advise that you check this policy regularly. By continuing to access or use our site you will be agreeing to any such changes.
Information we may collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website www.shirevet.co.uk or that you choose to share with our team via telephone call or email. Examples are:
- Information provided to Shire Veterinary Insurance and Finance Brokers when you register to use the website or when you subscribe to our service.
- or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- details of transactions you carry out through our site and the services we provide to you.
- the information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, dependant details, health information, smoker status and financial information.
Use of your information
Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own record keeping purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
If you decide to make an application through us your information will be passed to the insurance provider, finance provider, or benefit provider who may be willing to provide you with cover.
They may use the information you have provided to:
- Process the application you have made
- Contact you in the future offering products they feel may be of interest to you
- Provide you with information about the products and services they provide
- Permit access to regulatory bodies to ensure that we are processing information correctly and complying with regulatory requirements.
Handling your personal data
Information about all applicants will be collected and held on Shire Veterinary Insurance and Finance Brokers systems and database. We will facilitate your application and update our systems for ongoing account maintenance and administrative purposes. Your data will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and if required we will disclose it to our lawyers, auditors, external advisors, agents and third parties, as well as anyone to whom we transfer our rights and duties under your agreement with us.
We will also add to your record details of your Agreement with us, the payments you make under it, any default or failure to keep to its terms, and any change of address you fail to tell us about where a payment is overdue. It is important that you give us accurate information.
Searches may be undertaken using Creditsafe for the purposes of identifying your identity for anti-money laundering purposes. A record of the search will be retained.
We will also disclose your personal information to third party service providers who we engage from time to time but we will always endeavour to ensure that they hold it in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Personal information will not be kept longer than is reasonably necessary.
Cookies are information packets sent by web servers to web browsers and are stored by the web browsers.
The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main kinds of cookies, session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted or until they reach their expiry date.
Shire Veterinary Insurance and Finance Brokers uses the following cookies on this website for the following purposes:
- DoubleClick – used by Google for ad tracking purposes. Whenever you visit a website with Google ads on it, a cookie is placed in your web browser by the ads and is used to track you across the Internet. You can erase this cookie from your computer by deleting the cookies from your web browser.
- Quantcast Measurement – used by Joomla software to track web audience measurement. It provides detailed user demographics and audience insights. This information includes traffic, demographics, geography, business, site affinity and categories of interest.
- Facebook Pixel – used by Facebook for advertising and remarketing purposes. It is used to track users as they interact with this website and our Facebook adverts. The pixel does not in anyway identify you or give access to your Facebook information.
Other/third party cookies
When you use this website you may also be sent the following third party cookies which may be used for the following purposes:
Twitter – Tracks whose profile you are viewing and which website you have come from.
LinkedIn – Tracks whose profile you are viewing and which website you have come from.
Most browsers allow you to refuse or accept cookies.
In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To provide the best possible service we will need to contact you shortly before the maturity of any fixed term or fixed rate products. This ensures you are aware of the options available and helps you make an informed decision about your maturity instructions.
- To notify you about changes to our service and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) and telephone with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a transaction or negotiations to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way you can exercise the right at any time by contacting our team on: 01827 306 532.
Information we receive from other sources
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we may:-
- disclose information to third parties, including benefit providers, funders, insurers, and carefully selected organisations so that they can use it to market their products and services
- disclose information where required or permitted to do so by law, or to government entities or regulatory bodies in order that they may discharge their responsibilities and obligations or to exercise their powers or functions
- disclose information if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions; or the terms and conditions of any agreement we have with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Shire Veterinary Insurance and Finance Brokers, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- market our products and services or those of our group or selected third parties.
We engage a third party to host and manage our site and as such they will require access to your personal data. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that they treat your information in accordance with the Act.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting our team on 01827 306532.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our affiliates. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies if you follow a link to any of these websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The DPA gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you and can be exercised at any time by contacting Shire Veterinary Insurance and Finance Brokers on the address below.
If you think any details Shire Veterinary Insurance and Finance Brokers hold about you are incorrect (for example out of date address), please write to us. Any information which is incomplete/incorrect/out of date etc. shall be amended as soon as reasonably possible.
Should you ring one of the phone numbers advertised on any Shire Veterinary Insurance and Finance Brokers website your calls may be recorded to help us improve our service, to assist us in training, to evidence communication between us and in the interests of security. We also record some of the outgoing calls that we make for the above reasons. You may voluntarily give personal data to enable you to request information from us or provide feedback.
Unless otherwise specified, the materials on this website are directed solely at those who access this website from the United Kingdom mainland.
Unless otherwise stated, this website is for information only. Shire Veterinary Insurance and Finance Brokers has used all reasonable care and skill in compiling the content of this website but makes no warranty as to the accuracy of any information on this website and cannot accept liability for any errors or omissions.
Shire Veterinary Insurance and Finance Brokers shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on this website.
Shire Veterinary Insurance and Finance Brokers, 1 Calico Business Park, Sandy Way, Amington, Tamworth, Staffordshire, B77 4BF.
Or email: email@example.com